I just discovered this nature app. All you do is take a picture of something in nature, an insect, bird or animal and then it gives you options for things it could be. Hours of fun exploring random plants and weeds! Link
• Plant seeds of flowers or vegetables in peat pots/yogurt containers, or directly in the ground.
• Have the children water what they have planted daily and observe the growth process.
• (Zinnias and cosmos are flowers that germinate quickly)
• Take a sponge and cut it into a diamond shape. The child wets it and gently wipes the leaves of plants in the house.
• For floor plants the child simply goes to the plant, and smaller ones, you can help the child bring it down to their level to do it.