Alexandra Manolache , Head of Nursery.
Guides and Assistants
Trained as Montessori Teacher 3-6 (under Hilla Patell, 1979) and holds a degree in Child development & Early Childhood Education. She has a vast experience in introducing the fundamental Montessori principles to families and communities. Janet currently teaches in our CH environment.
Trained as a Montessori teacher at the Maria Montessori Institute under Louise Livingston, 2018-2019. Holds a 3-6 AMI Montessori International Diploma, Early Years Educator Level 3 certificate, Safeguarding Children Level 1 certificate, and is qualified in Paediatric First Aid.
Has a degree in English and Russian linguistics and a master in publishing. She developed love for teaching while introducing English to primary schools in Turkey. Her role was to teach nursery, primary and secondary school students; preparing students for MUN conferences and International English exams; and looking for the partners for the international projects abroad.
Holds a Batchelors degree in art and a Masters in Teaching (QTS) with; a course in Montessori Methodology and Positive Discipline from A. Nebrija University, Madrid. A Certificate of Tasks in Secondary Education and Vocational Training to work with competences, C.J Cela University, Madrid 2020. Visual Awareness Training. Sighted Guide. Disability and Inclusion – Mamomi Initiat
Basic Montessori Principles
We have a few basic principles that ensure everyone is safe and can feel confident in their work.
1. Our staff will intervene if something is hurtful, harmful or dangerous. If not, we will observe to see if the children can resolve it by themselves.
2. The adults are role models for behaviour, language and how to use the activities.
3. The children are free to choose one activity at a time and use it for as long as they like without interruptions by other people.
4. We help the children learn how to complete a whole cycle of activity (choose work, use it and replace it on the shelf for the next person).
5. Our staff make time to carefully observe each child’s individual interests so we can tailor activities to suit their current stage of development.