Tax Free Childcare

Parents who have successfully registered for an 'online tax free childcare account' will be able to send payments to us. Please scroll down to read about tax free childcare and check if you are eligible.

To make payments to us you will need the following information:

Our Ofsted URN number: EY543195

Our Name: Cambridge Montessori (Ltd)

please also check that our nursery address matches the 'nursery name'

73a Tenison Road,



What we need from parents?

It is very important that we have the ‘payment reference’ that you will be using to make payments to us. The reference will be a combination of letters and numbers which will be provided to you and be specific to identify your child’s payment, example. AJON30564.

Once you know your payment reference please let us know before you send your first payment

If we do not have your payment reference we will not be able to credit these payments to your nursery account which will show your account in arrears when we send out future bills.

Important: Tax free payments are not sent automatically be default. Parents will need to log into their tax free childcare account and either initiate the payment or set up a standing order making sure enough time is set aside for the payments to reach our bank account. Parents should pay into their tax free childcare account 1 day before making payments to us. Payments should normally take 3 days to clear in our nursery bank account. Example; a parent should pay into there online childcare account on the 26th so that a standing order payment can be made the following day before 12pm to ensure payment reaches our bank account on the 30th. Where the due date for nursery fees is a Saturday or Sunday payments will need to be initiated 1 or 2 days earlier.

All tax free payments received after the due date of the 1st of each month will be treated as nursery fee arrears and may result in a late payment charge of £50.00. (We recognise that the first payment may not reach our account in time as this is the first time you will be using your tax free childcare account to make payments. We will keep a record of any late payments received after the due date and inform you so that you have a chance to initiate payments sooner in the future so that they are received on time).

About Tax free Childcare

If you're a working parent with children under 12 (or under 17 for disabled children), you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare. The government will top-up the money you pay into the account. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2. You can receive up to £2,000 per child - that's up to £500 every three months. If you have a disabled child, you can receive up to £4,000 per child - that's up to £1,000 every three months.

You, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £120 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage). If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.

If either you, or your partner, expect to earn £100,000 or more, you can’t get Tax-Free Childcare.

Important: You can’t use Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as childcare vouchers, Universal Credit or tax credits. You can use it with the 15 hours and 30 hours schemes.

Apply for tax free childcare here